Chairman. Commissioner. Prosecutor. Judge. Director. Professor. Ross Fischer has burned through all these titles and more during his career. Along the way, he has developed an expertise in the area of professional ethics, public law, and campaign finance.
A notable “has-been,” Ross has been the following:
- Chairman of the Texas Ethics Commission, which regulates ethics laws in the political process, including campaign finance, candidates for office, officeholders, and lobbyists.
- Inaugural Chairman of the Legislative and Campaign Section of the State Bar of Texas.
- An adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law.
- Elected to the Board of Directors of the nation’s largest electric distribution cooperative.
- Assistant Chief Disciplinary Counsel for the State Bar of Texas, where he prosecuted ethics violations against attorneys.
- The elected Kendall County Attorney, where he served as both the civil advisor and the misdemeanor prosecutor for one of the fastest growing counties in Texas.
- A municipal judge.
Ross is an honors graduate of St. Edward’s University and a less than honorable graduate of the University of Texas School of Law, both in Austin. He is an attorney in the Austin office of the firm Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal Hyde and Zech. Additionally, he has performed a wedding, been interviewed on Voice of Russia radio, and occasionally sits in with his daughters’ ukulele band.